An award-winning hospital group in Pune, India engaged DecisivEdge to upgrade its outpatient services application to address both a significant increase in its volume of outpatients and to modernize and streamline their customer experience.
DecisivEdge delivered a modern web application that integrated seamlessly with the hospital group’s HIS (Hospital Information System). The solution was deployed to 50+ counters at all the hospitals in the group’s network. Some of the core features of the solution include –
- Patient Registration: A centralized patient registry that is accessible from any counter and any facility. The searchable registry also acts as a central repository for all patient documents.
- Pricing & Discount Schemes: Support for package pricing as well as pricing by service. Ability to apply discounts for a combination of services or for specific departments or services.
- Billing: Real-time electronic bill presentment. Ability to provide consolidated billing to corporate clients. Support for multiple payment modes ranging from cash, to credit and EFT.
- Patient Queue Management: Configurable, real-time, electronic queue management by type of service, department, and doctor.
- Integrations: The solution is integrated with scanners and web-cameras at the check-in counters to facilitate speedy patient registration and document upload. The system is integrated with the Laboratory and Radiology systems to facilitate order workflow. The system also integrates seamlessly with the hospital wide, third-party EMR system.
- Reporting: The application is designed to provide a variety of financial and operational reports. For example, revenue by service/department, activity by doctor, etc.
The improvements in service, improvements in operational metrics, and financial returns from deploying the new OPD solution have far exceeded the expectations of the hospital management.
- Significantly improved customer experience and satisfaction from the introduction of –
- Central patient registry, resulting in a 99% reduction in duplicate patient registrations
- Real-time, itemized billing, resulting in 30% reduction in time to generate bills and dramatically improved invoice accuracy
- Multiple payment options
- Queue management system, resulting in a 40% reduction in patient wait times
- In addition, real-time dashboards and statistical reports are arming management with greater operational and financial insight.
“The new OPD system helped us to automate complex discount schemes and policies and thus our manual process and efforts for calculating the discount amounts and tracking of discount schemes billing is eliminated.”
“Patient Queue management system is helping us to reduce patient wait times as well as to improve doctor time management.”
Operations Dept. Head