By Jim Chickadel, SVP/Practice Lead, Director of Quality Assurance, DecisivEdge™
Test Automation can deliver significant benefits to organizations if done properly, but unfortunately traditional testing tools have demonstrated less than stellar results. The movement towards DevOps and CI/CD can be complex, so it requires a tool that compliments these goals…and Tricentis Tosca does just that.
2. Reduce Time to Market: Test automation will naturally minimize the manual effort and time to deliver but Tosca’s high rate of automation consistently exceeds industry averages of 30-40% by reaching rates of 90% or more.
3. Optimize Testing Resources: The need for highly trained technical resources is significantly reduced because manual testers can learn to automate test cases without having to master programing skills. Making automation specialists out of manual testers, both veteran and novice, will optimize productivity and contribute to reducing QA expenses.
4. Reduce Maintenance and Support: Tosca’s Model Based testing approach greatly decreases the effort for support and maintenance that has often contributed to the failure of traditional automation testing tools. The need for developing and maintaining code to steer tests through an application is eliminated with the use of Tosca’s script-less automation.
5. Improve Quality and Delivery: Shift-left automation testing improves both the quality and frequency of delivering software. Tosca’s automation capabilities and ease of integration with DevOps methodologies and CI/CD tools makes it an excellent strategic solution.
6. Reduce Overall QA Costs: The combination of higher test automation rates along with reduced maintenance and support efforts and the ability to have less expensive manual testing resource able to develop automated tests, all contribute to lowering QA costs for the enterprise.
To view a brief video on Test Automation and see how Tricentis Tosca can help your company… click here to learn more
About the Author:
Jim Chickadel has over 25 years of leadership experience in the areas of Quality Assurance, Project Management and Software Development.
Jim’s previous leadership positions include SVP and Sr. Director of Systems Development for several prestigious fortune 100 financial institutions such as JPMorgan, Chase Manhattan Bank, MBNA America and Bank of America. He is currently a Senior Vice President leading the Quality Assurance Practice for DecisivEdge.
Jim holds a Master’s in Accounting and a BS in Business Administration with a minor in Finance from the University of Delaware.