Fortune 500 financial services company hires DecisivEdge to enhance and bring structure to the management of two payments platforms at the core of a large subsidiary business.
A subsidiary business of a Fortune 500 financial services company, built through a process of acquisition and internal development, with two technology oriented payments products was challenged to deliver the cutting edge functionality demanded by its customer base. Specifically,
- The solutions were large and complex having evolved over decades in a largely undisciplined manner
- The solutions lacked the functionality necessary to differentiate the company’s product offerings
- The technology operations were characterized by poor controls and a somewhat ad hoc production support process
- The system performance was uninspiring, resulting in customer complaints
- The subsidiary technology team was outside the centralized IT organization and lacked the appropriate skills leading to delayed releases marred by significant defects
To stabilize and subsequently improve its payment product offerings, this Fortune 500 financial services company hired DecisivEdge, a trusted partner, to first assess its associated technology organization and operations and then take over the day-to-day technology operations in a managed services arrangement to bring enhancements, structure and greater control to its critical technology solutions.