DecisivEdge is looking for a mid-level .Net Developer to work with a team of talented senior level developers and architects on a variety of client projects. In this role you will help design, develop, and implement both new software and new modules & enhancements to existing enterprise level systems and platforms.
- Participate in all stages of the project and development life-cycle – including, but not limited to, requirements gathering and development, system functional specifications and design, development, testing, implementation and post-implementation support.
- Learn and utilize appropriate technology as established on a per project basis.
- Adhere to all coding standards, design principles, source control processes, and our internal development processes as appropriate based on the assigned project and client.
- Share in production support responsibilities supporting end users, triage, and some troubleshooting and break/fix.
- As a part of the team at DecisivEdge, actively participate in the creation of an innovative and rewarding work environment.
- Participate in other company initiatives as required.
Required Technical Skills
- Strong Object Oriented Design and Development experience
- Entity framework
- Net Framework 3.5
- Visual Studio 2008 and up
- Strong understanding of database and database concepts, specifically with MS SQL Server
Experience and Competencies
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5-7 years of experience
- Experience working in a tightly version-controlled and process oriented financial corporate environment
- Self-starter, able to work as part of a small team as well as independently, with minimal supervision
- High energy, positive attitude, professional and mature
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, detail oriented environment
- Ability to ensure timely communication of any project-sensitive information to project leadership
- Willingness to enlist assistance as well as to provide it so as to maximize overall team productivity and velocity
- Demonstrated competency for adapting to new environments, quickly grasping overall architecture and key components
- Highly effective and targeted testing approach to ensure delivered code is production ready with respect to bugs, side-effects and performance
- Able to effectively design and defend approaches taken to satisfy task level goals that fit the overall vision and architecture of the product
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritize tasks
DecisivEdge is a dynamic young company that delivers specialized consulting services and solutions to the financial services industry. Our team brings deep expertise to help businesses increase sales, provide a superior customer experience, ensure the return on their technology investment, and develop and flawlessly execute strategies that provide significant market advantage.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Our preference at DecisivEdge is to recruit candidates directly. While we do occasionally partner with a limited number of preferred agencies when we identify a need for third party staffing support, we do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. A fee will only be paid if the candidate is presented after there is a signed recruiting agreement in place between DecisivEdge and the agency and only if we have explicitly engaged the agency to submit resumes for a specific current opening.
In the case of candidates submitted to DecisivEdge, whether by email, fax, phone, mail, verbal referral or any other means, without a signed agreement in place or without being solicited to work on a specific open requisition, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those unsolicited candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.