DecisivEdge is looking for a mid-level Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Tosca Test Suite implementation team. In this role you will manage multiple manual testing responsibilities encompassing the complete testing lifecycle including test plan creation, management, & execution to ensure adherence to quality assurance goals and guidelines.
- Participate in the business requirements and software development life cycles as they relate to testing activities. This includes the requirements review, and the design, development, and execution of smoke tests, integration, functional, and regression tests.
- Travel to client locations (overnight) on a regular basis.
- Work with developers to ensure that functional test cases will sufficiently test the technical details and complex business rules as part of a comprehensive test plan.
- Write test plans with the ability to ensure proper coverage, and perform risk based regression testing. Ensure all test cases map to business requirements using a requirements traceability matrix (RTM) and report on results and progress.
- Hands on test case creation, management and execution of quality assurance testing, provide oversight of business user acceptance testing, and the review of development testing efforts.
- Perform defect management, defect aging and defect resolution activities to ensure adherence to quality assurance goals and guidelines.
- Prepare and validate testing status reports and provide status updates to all levels of management.
- Participate in other company initiatives as required.
Required Skills and Competencies
- At least a BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or related field; 4+ years of career experience
- Experience automating test cases for GUI systems and interfaces (API testing)
- Knowledge of automated and manual testing design techniques, test case structure, and test case optimization.
- Experience in both the creation and execution of both positive and negative functional and regression test scripts across multiple platforms and systems that include web based enterprise applications, custom developed in-house applications, and third-party integrated applications.
- Experience with testing and defect tracking tools like Microsoft Team Foundation Server (MS TFS), HP Quality Center, QTP, Automated Test Tools, JIRA, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem solving abilities required
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment and a meticulous eye for detail.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a collaborative team.
DecisivEdge is a dynamic young company that delivers specialized consulting services and solutions to the financial services industry. Our team brings deep expertise to help businesses increase sales, provide a superior customer experience, ensure the return on their technology investment, and develop and flawlessly execute strategies that provide significant market advantage.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Our preference at DecisivEdge is to recruit candidates directly. While we do occasionally partner with a limited number of preferred agencies when we identify a need for third party staffing support, we do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. A fee will only be paid if the candidate is presented after there is a signed recruiting agreement in place between DecisivEdge and the agency and only if we have explicitly engaged the agency to submit resumes for a specific current opening.
In the case of candidates submitted to DecisivEdge, whether by email, fax, phone, mail, verbal referral or any other means, without a signed agreement in place or without being solicited to work on a specific open requisition, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those unsolicited candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.