DecisivEdge has an immediate Contract W2 opening for a mid-level Quality Assurance Analyst to join our QA team and work at our client’s location in Philadelphia, PA. In this role you will manage multiple manual testing responsibilities encompassing the complete testing lifecycle including test plan creation, test case development, test execution, defect management and resolution to ensure adherence to quality assurance goals and guidelines.
- Participate in an Agile development environment and able to quickly analyze and interpret business requirements to complete Sprint testing activities.
- Testing activities include the design, development, and execution of tests. Knowledge of and experience executing all testing types (i.e. smoke tests, sanity tests, integration, functional, and regression tests).
- Work with developers to ensure that functional test cases will sufficiently test the technical details and complex business rules as part of a comprehensive test plan.
- As needed by the client, write test plans with the ability to ensure proper coverage, and perform risk based regression testing. Ensure all test cases map and are traceable to business requirements and regularly report on results and progress.
- Hands on test case creation, management and test case execution; provide oversight of business user acceptance testing, and the review of development testing efforts.
- Perform defect management, defect aging and defect resolution activities to ensure adherence to quality assurance goals and guidelines.
- Prepare and validate testing status reports and provide status updates to all levels of management.
- Accurately track time by hours and project billing codes in DecisivEdge and Client project tracking software.
- Participate in other company initiatives as required.
- Travel to client location on a daily basis in Philadelphia, PA.
Required Skills and Competencies
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems; 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience automating test cases for UI applications and API testing (i.e. Tosca, Selenium, UFT/QTP, etc.), although not required, is a big plus!
- Strong knowledge of testing design techniques, test case structure, and test case optimization.
- Experience in the creation/execution of positive and negative functional and regression test scripts across multiple platforms and systems that include web based enterprise applications, custom developed in-house applications, and third-party integrated applications.
- SQL and MS Excel experience for validating raw file ETL uploads into database tables, validating data within reports against database tables, and positive & negative testing around data loads.
- Experience with test management/defect tracking tools like Jira, HP ALM, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (MS TFS), etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities required.
- Experience working in a tightly version-controlled and process oriented financial environment.
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment and a meticulous eye for detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
DecisivEdge is a dynamic business consulting and technology services company located in Newark, Delaware. We support our clients’ critical business and technology needs by providing them with the customized technology solutions, operational strategies and detailed analytics required to seize their market opportunity. Our clients benefit from our unique ideas, knowledge of industry best practices and our ability to develop creative solutions to overcome their highest priority business and technology challenges. Our collaborative approach is designed to really understand our clients’ business objectives, and then deploy a seasoned solution delivery team to get the job done right the first time.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Our preference at DecisivEdge is to recruit candidates directly. While we do occasionally partner with a limited number of preferred agencies when we identify a need for third party staffing support, we do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. In the case of candidates submitted to DecisivEdge, whether by email, fax, phone, mail, verbal referral or any other means, without a signed agreement in place or without being solicited to work on a specific open requisition, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those unsolicited candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.