A start-up national student lending company engaged DecisivEdge to design, develop, test and implement a loan management and disbursement platform with the goal of providing the best student lending customer experience in the industry.
A start-up student loan company wanted to replace their off-the-shelf private student loan management and disbursement platform. Their desire for a custom solution was primarily focused on streamlining the student loan process, striving for a superior customer experience, and ensuring timely disbursement of funds.
The client’s current servicing platform lacked the capacity to seamlessly assimilate third party processes and faced the following challenges as a result:
Managing information flow:
- Difficulty tracking status changes over time
- Non-existent or inefficient communication of application status to required parties
Incorporating CommonLine file formats:
- 3rd Party Platforms integrate CommonLine in different ways
- Schools were receiving incomplete or inaccurate loan information
Customizing, expanding and adapting:
- Lack of integrated compliance and payment processing automation
- Need for improved functionality in the loan management web portal
- Limited ability to support new Products (i.e. Parent Student Loans)
- No support for adding a student loan refinance and consolidation platform
- Need for integration of a loan sale module
DecisivEdge utilized its business process and application development expertise to conceive, architect, develop, test and implement a loan certification and disbursement solution. The platform was built to interface with third party loan origination software (LOS) as well as loan certification processors using CommonLine file specifications.Learn more »
Challenge: A subsidiary business of a Fortune 500 financial services company, built through a process of acquisition and internal development, with two technology oriented payments products was challenged to deliver the cutting edge functionality demanded by its customer base. Specifically,
- The solutions were large and complex having evolved over decades in a largely undisciplined manner
- The solutions lacked the functionality necessary to differentiate the company’s product offerings
- The technology operations were characterized by poor controls and a somewhat ad hoc production support process
- The system performance was uninspiring, resulting in customer complaints
- The subsidiary technology team was outside the centralized IT organization and lacked the appropriate skills leading to delayed releases marred by significant defects
Solution: To stabilize and subsequently improve its payment product offerings, this Fortune 500 financial services company hired DecisivEdge, a trusted partner, to first assess its associated technology organization and operations and then take over the day-to-day technology operations in a managed services arrangement to bring enhancements, structure and greater control to its critical technology solutions.Learn more »
Fortune 500 financial services company hires DecisivEdge to assess its enterprise quality assurance program with an eye towards reducing expense.
Challenge: A Fortune 500 financial services company in the midst of upgrading its lending platform and switching its core banking platform engaged DecisivEdge to help assess its Quality Assurance program. The company was specifically looking to:
- Lower costs by leveraging best practices, tools and skilled resources to reduce steady state expense
- Improve demand management
- Improve release quality
- Improve speed to market
Solution: DecisivEdge identified a sizeable immediate opportunity to reduce Quality Assurance expense by up to 30% through program optimization. Further, DecisivEdge proposed a predictable cost, shared risk engagement model for a Test Center of Excellence (TCoE) that would generate a cumulative 5-year savings upwards of 25% (inclusive of the investment in program optimization and test automation) over current spend run-rate despite an increasing test load year-over-year.Learn more »
Fortune 500 financial services company implements an integrated marketing solution to measure the effectiveness of campaign spend.
Challenge: A Fortune 500 financial services company with 23 million customers and a managed portfolio of $234 billion required a Marketing Source Code System to support the launch of its new credit card program. An aggressive multi-channel marketing plan coupled with complex offer structures created the immediate need for a comprehensive solution to optimize its marketing spend.
In order to deliver value, the solution needed to address several critical marketing, operational and analytic needs, including:
- Set up for marketing campaigns, tactics (marketing placements) and uniquely targeted offers, including promotional and contract pricing, product fees and rewards
- Ability to support multi-level organization and product hierarchies for non-branded and branded programs
- Campaign, tactic and offer approval workflow
- Ability to set up champion-challenger campaigns
- Offer integration with internal and external processor and acquisition systems
- Marketing campaign data organized in centralized data warehouse for enterprise portfolio analytics
Solution: When launching a new credit card program, this Fortune 500 bank decided to invest in a customized Marketing Source Code System to track and optimize account acquisition efforts. DecisivEdge brought subject matter expertise, technology design and development capabilities and system integration skills to help the Bank significantly improve ROI on its marketing spend.Learn more »
DecisivEdge led the complete revamp of a distressed SAP-enabled business transformation program for a Fortune 100 multinational. The company has manufacturing operations on four continents and was rapidly expanding to meet the demands of a strategic new market.
The program which had been launched 18 months prior, was spearheaded by a global consulting firm had just completed its first implementation at two North American sites at the time DecisivEdge was engaged. At that time, the program had burned through a third of its $350M budget and delivered less than 10% earned value and had significant quality issues at the two sites that had just gone live.
The restructuring that DecisivEdge led, entailed looking at every aspect of the program including executive alignment, executive sponsorship, business process leadership, program governance, PMO, the internal team as well as spearheading the selection of a new consultant team. DecisivEdge worked directly with the senior executive leadership of the company to accomplish the successful turnaround while providing day-to-day leadership of the program over the course of a year.Learn more »
Fortune 500 financial services company implements an Integrated Voice Response (IVR) solution to maximize the value of each customer contact.
Challenge: A Fortune 500 financial Services company received consistent mediocre feedback for its customer service experience, in particular:
- An out-of-date IVR experience characterized by redundant requests for identification and service related information
- Too many irrelevant options
- Poor call tracking
- Manual fulfillment of service requests
Solution: To improve its Customer Service Experience, this Fortune 500 bank launched an enterprise-wide initiative to improve its Customer Service Experience with a particular focus on its IVR Solution. DecisivEdge, a trusted partner, assisted with the IVR Vendor Selection, drove the company-wide requirements gathering process, brought subject matter expertise to design the IVR call flow and service request fulfillment processes and worked with the business units, internal IT and the selected vendor to implement the solution.Learn more »