.NET Developer (Mid-level)
DecisivEdge – recently recognized as a 2017 Top Work Place by The News Journal – has an immediate opportunity for a mid-level .Net Developer to work with a team of talented senior level developers and architects on a variety of systems and projects to design, develop, and implement new software and new modules & enhancements to existing enterprise level systems and platforms.
- Participate in all stages of the project and development life-cycle – including, but not limited to, requirements gathering and development, system functional specifications and design, development, testing, implementation and post-implementation support.
- Learn and utilize appropriate technology as established on a per project basis.
- Adhere to all coding standards, design principles, source control processes, and our internal development processes as appropriate based on the assigned project and client.
- Share in production support responsibilities supporting end users, triage, and some troubleshooting and break/fix.
- As a part of the team at DecisivEdge, actively participate in the creation of an innovative and rewarding work environment.
- Participate in other company initiatives as required.
Technical Skills and Competencies
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience
- Self-starter, able to work as part of a small team as well as independently, with minimal supervision
- High energy, positive attitude, professional and mature
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to ensure timely communication of any project-sensitive information to project leadership
- Willingness to enlist assistance as well as to provide it so as to maximize overall team productivity and velocity
- Demonstrated competency for adapting to new environments, quickly grasping overall architecture and key components
- Highly effective and targeted testing approach to ensure delivered code is production ready with respect to bugs, side-effects and performance
- Able to effectively design and defend approaches taken to satisfy task level goals that fit the overall vision and architecture of the product
- Must possess a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritize tasks
- Experience working in a tightly version-controlled (specifically SVN) and process oriented financial corporate environment
Required Technical Skills
- Net Framework 4.5
- Visual Studio 2010 – 2015
- Strong C# and Object-Oriented Design and Development experience
- Strong understanding of the ASP.Net Page Life Cycle
- Strong understanding of WCF and Web Services.
- Strong understanding of database and database concepts, specifically with MS SQL Server 2008 – 2014
- MVC (not Microsoft)
- Dependency Injection
- CSS, XML, JSON
- Entity Framework
- Oracle 10g and PL/SQL
- Microsoft MVC 2/3
- Experience with portal frameworks such as SharePoint, DotNetNuke.
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Jira w/Agile
DecisivEdge is a management consulting and technology services firm. We use industry insight, technology, and analytics to solve our client’s critical business challenges. With offices in North America and Asia, our global team helps clients across the world find, develop, and sustain the competitive advantage. We offer a tightly knit suite of solutions and services designed to optimize processes, mitigate risk, and increase the value of their business.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Our preference at DecisivEdge is to recruit candidates directly. While we do occasionally partner with a limited number of preferred agencies when we identify a need for third party staffing support, we do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. In the case of candidates submitted to DecisivEdge, whether by email, fax, phone, mail, verbal referral or any other means, without a signed agreement in place or without being solicited to work on a specific open requisition, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those unsolicited candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.