DecisivEdge is currently seeking a junior (1-2 years of experience) Project Support Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will work directly with our highly skilled business and technical teams and be responsible for managing multiple activities on moderately complex projects, including business requirements gathering, project estimation, project task management, issue resolution management and project communication, all critical in ensuring that we deliver outstanding service to our customers.
- Under the direction of the Senior Project Manager, support all phases of the project life cycle including defining project deliverables, issue resolution, project implementation schedules, budgets, and resource plans
- Understand client needs and effectively translate them into appropriate business requirements for technology projects.
- Support management, customers and IT development team stakeholders to define, create and execute project and business plans in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Support customer projects in person, remotely, and across disparate work locations, while maintaining consistent communication of project priorities
- Identify and escalate project risks and effectively communicate to project team members
- Maintain key project documentation and create and deliver presentations to project stakeholders on project goals and plans, including periodic project status reports
- Assist the User Acceptance Test team with mapping all project objectives and business requirements to the test plan, and develop reporting routines for testing progress updates to the project stakeholders
- Assertively own and take control of risk and issue management throughout all project phases
- Frequent travel to client locations will be required.
Skills and Competencies
- BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Sciences or related field
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a Project Support or similar administrative role with background/experience in and understanding of financial services, customer service, sales or business support
- Strong influencing skills to drive project and program efforts, including effective communication and partnership skills for interacting and communicating with key internal business and customer stakeholders to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Problem management and resolution skills
- Strong MS Office, Project and Visio skills
- Understanding of User Acceptance Testing processes and procedures preferred
DecisivEdge is a dynamic young company that delivers specialized consulting services and solutions to the financial services industry. Our team brings deep expertise to help businesses increase sales, provide a superior customer experience, ensure the return on their technology investment, and develop and flawlessly execute strategies that provide significant market advantage.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Our preference at DecisivEdge is to recruit candidates directly. While we do occasionally partner with a limited number of preferred agencies when we identify a need for third party staffing support, we do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. A fee will only be paid if the candidate is presented after there is a signed recruiting agreement in place between DecisivEdge and the agency and only if we have explicitly engaged the agency to submit resumes for a specific current opening.
In the case of candidates submitted to DecisivEdge, whether by email, fax, phone, mail, verbal referral or any other means, without a signed agreement in place or without being solicited to work on a specific open requisition, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those unsolicited candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.