Job Location: Newark, DE
DecisivEdge is a dynamic young company that delivers specialized consulting services and solutions to the financial services industry.
Our team brings deep expertise to help businesses increase sales, provide a superior customer experience, ensure the return on their technology investment, and develop and flawlessly execute strategies that provide significant market advantage.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager with strong business analyst skills in the consumer lending industry with specific experience in account origination, account servicing and collections to join our Financial Services team. This 9 – 12 month temporary position is responsible for the delivery of projects on time and within budget while maintaining positive customer relationships.
In this role, you will work directly with our highly skilled business and technical teams and be responsible for managing multiple activities on moderately complex projects, including business requirements gathering, project estimation, project task management, issue resolution management and project communication, all critical in ensuring that we deliver outstanding service to our customers.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Partner with senior management, customers and IT development team stakeholders to define, create and execute project and business plans in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Add value through your expertise in the financial services industry in the following areas:
- Collections / Account Servicing
- Account Origination / Sales
- Operations Support / Payments
- Account Recovery (internal and 3rd party agency)
- Litigation / Bankruptcy
- Strategy / Compliance
- Lead or support moderately complex technology projects by providing strategic direction to projects, peers and customers.
- Develop, communicate and monitor all phases of the project life cycle including defining project deliverables, issue resolution, project implementation schedules, budgets and resource plans
- Manage customer projects in person, remotely, and across disparate sites, while maintaining consistent communication of project priorities
- Identify and escalate project risks and effectively communicate to project team members
- Maintain key project documentation and create and deliver presentations to mid-senior level management on project goals and plans, including periodic project status reports
- Work with the project stakeholders to develop and refine business requirements in order to maintain project timelines and budgets
- Assist the User Acceptance Test team with mapping all project objectives and business requirements to the test plan, and develop reporting routines for testing progress updates to the project stakeholders.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Sciences or related field
- Proven experience as a Project Manager with background/experience in and understanding of Financial Services operations, lending, servicing and collections.
- Strong influencing skills to drive project and program efforts, including effective communication and partnership skills for interacting and communicating with key internal business and customer stakeholders to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively manage various project activities ensuring accurate task completion on time and under budget
- Familiar with User Acceptance Testing processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Problem management and resolution skills
- Strong MS Office, Project and Visio skills
- Some travel will be required