Job Location: Newark, DE
DecisivEdge is currently seeking a Controller to help develop and deliver the Company’s financial and accounting strategies, activities, metrics, and controls. This position is directly responsible for all of the accounting, budget planning and control, cash management, and treasury operations of the Company, including but not limited to the following key functions:
- Establishes, or recommends to management, major Company economic strategies, objectives, and policies and recommends modifications to existing programs.
- Prepares reports, which include financial statements, annual budgets, and cash forecasts, that summarize and forecast Company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Provides management with timely financial status reviews and progress.
- Prepares budgets, including necessary supporting documentation and justification, and reviews budget proposals.
- Calculates variances from the budget and reports significant issues to management.
- Maintains an adequate system of accounting records, a comprehensive set of controls, and budgets that comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepares and posts journal entries.
- Reviews and directs all Accounts Receivable and Payable activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field; CPA strongly preferred
- Five to ten years of experience with a small to medium size company with hands on experience in all areas of accounting and finance
- Three to five years of management/supervisory experience
- Ideal candidate will have professional services and software/technology industry experience
- Excellent MS office skills (especially Excel) and experience working in enterprise accounting systems and Quickbooks
- Analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Extremely proactive, highly organized with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity – with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives within the Company and across geographies
- Experience working with international subsidiaries is a plus.