DecisivEdge is looking for an experienced Data Analyst / MS SQL Developer to work as part of a team designing and implementing database solutions for our financial services clients. This is a full-time not C2C opportunity.
The primary duties of this role
- Analyze and understand customer data
- Create and modify ETL processes for importing data from various sources including delimited or fixed width flat files, databases, and APIs
- Present information in dashboards and reports to end users
- Export files to various formats
Skills and Competencies
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field with 3 to 5 years of experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience in designing and creating processes using stored procedures, triggers and views.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience doing complex data analytics and presenting data in a format so that business decisions can be made.
- Database experience in the following area of expertise:
- 3+ years of MS SQL Server (2008/2012/2014), Transact-SQL, Stored Procedures, and Query Optimization tools and techniques
- Ability to create design, data flow, and operational documents using Visio, Word, and/or Excel
- Experience mapping data using disparate data sources such as flat files, databases, xml files and/or unstructured data.
- Experience with Oracle, DB2, Netezza is a plus
- Experience with credit card / banking data is highly desired
- Experience working with SAS processes is highly desired
- Experience creating and working with pivot tables in excel
- Experience working in a version-controlled environment a plus
- Well organized, extremely detail oriented and have great communication skills, both oral and written
- High energy, positive attitude, and professional
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to ensure timely communication of any project-sensitive information to project leadership
- Ability to confidently speak with external clients regarding approach, data mapping, process design, etc.
- Willingness to enlist assistance, as well as to provide expertise to maximize overall team productivity and collaboration
- Demonstrated competency for adapting to new environments, quickly grasping overall architecture and key components
- Experience and ability to reverse engineer complex databases, understand complex data structures and data, and ability to define data mappings between different relational databases.
- Ability to quickly assess existing design strengths and weaknesses and effectively communicate perspective
- Provide guidance and insight into developing quality assurance test cases to validate data load processes. Experience with creating automated data comparison routines for automated testing and internal audits.
- Work with a team of talented senior level developers and architects to design, build, and guide testing of a new complex transaction processing system.
- Participate in all stages of the project and development life-cycle – including, but not limited to, requirements gathering and development, system functional specifications and design, development, testing, implementation and post-implementation support.
- Develop and system test assigned data loads and file exports
- Work with the QA team to test and obtain customer sign off each work stream
- Share in testing and eventually 2nd or 3rd level production support responsibilities related to process and data issues
- Provide production support assistance and respond to questions from external groups and other vendors related to web site and operation processes.
- As a part of the team at DecisivEdge, actively participate in the creation of an innovative and rewarding work environment.
- Participate in other company initiatives as required.
- 10-15% travel
DecisivEdge is a dynamic young company located in Newark, Delaware that delivers specialized consulting services and solutions to the financial services industry. Our team brings deep expertise to help businesses increase sales, provide a superior customer experience, ensure the return on their technology investment, and develop and flawlessly execute strategies that provide significant market advantage.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Our preference at DecisivEdge is to recruit candidates directly. While we do occasionally partner with a limited number of preferred agencies when we identify a need for third party staffing support, we do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. A fee will only be paid if the candidate is presented after there is a signed recruiting agreement in place between DecisivEdge and the agency and only if we have explicitly engaged the agency to submit resumes for a specific current opening.
In the case of candidates submitted to DecisivEdge, whether by email, fax, phone, mail, verbal referral or any other means, without a signed agreement in place or without being solicited to work on a specific open requisition, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those unsolicited candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.