The Ruby Hall Hospital Group in Pune is engaged in a multi-year modernization of its hospital information systems. The transformation was necessitated by both growth in demand and the desire to enable cutting-edge analytic capabilities. Demand for its services has continued to expand as a result of its growing reputation and through corporate and other third-party partnerships. DecisivEdge is leading Ruby Hall’s HIS transformation, developing modular, scalable solutions using the most current technologies. The primary challenge with the In-patient module was to improve patient experience and the efficiency of front-end staff.
DecisivEdge developed a responsive web application that is a fully integrated module in the new HIS. The solution provides a variety of enhanced features focused on patient experience and operational efficiency.
Core features of the solution are:
- Enquiries/help desk operations
- Patient registration & admission
- Aadhaar Card Scanning for faster patient registration process
- Real-time bed management including reservations and transfers
- Generating admission slips, barcode labels and visitor passes
- Admission deposits
- Admissions Turn-Around-Time Report
- Integration with the central patient registration module
- Occupancy dashboard and other MIS reports
- SMS notifications to doctors and patients
The In-patient module which was deployed successfully despite the Covid-related restrictions has enabled streamlined operations and simplified processes. It has resulted in a significant improvement in the patient experience and overall operational efficiency.
The key outcomes are:
- Significant reduction in turn-around-time for admission process
- Improved bed management and real-time bed availability tracking
- Enabled tracking of patient referrals effectively
- Track admission deposit and issue alerts, in case of no deposit or depleted deposit
- Improved overall user experience and patient satisfaction
“The system has significantly enhanced customer service and the patient experience.” – IT Head
“The In-patient system has streamlined bed-management and reduced overall patient wait times.” – Key User