Job Location: Wilmington, DE
DecisivEdge is a dynamic young company that delivers specialized consulting services and solutions to the financial services industry. Our team brings deep expertise to help businesses increase sales, provide a superior customer experience, ensure the return on their technology investment, and develop and flawlessly execute innovative solutions that provide significant market advantage that solve real market problems.
For full time employees, we provide a benefits package upon hiring which offers medical, dental, life and disability coverage. In addition, after one year of service all full time employees are eligible to participate in a 401k plan.
Education and Experience
DecisivEdge is looking for a Project Test Lead with a comprehensive testing background to bring their proven testing experience to the team as well as a desire to learn and grow with us as we move forward. The candidate should have a working knowledge of testing principles and processes. The candidate should also demonstrate the ability to delegate responsibilities and keep track of fulfillment activities. This candidate will be required to manage multiple testing responsibilities encompassing the complete testing lifecycle. These responsibilities include the ability to map test cases back to the business requirements through a requirements traceability matrix (RTM), the creation and execution of regression and functional test cases, test data preparation, reporting on testing progress and results, managing the testing feedback with the development team to ensure that single cycle defect resolution is achieved, manage the creation of functional test plans and maintain strict version control of regression test plans from release to release, and build out structured test plans to increase test case optimization. The candidate should have a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent career experience with at least 5 years of experience in enterprise level quality assurance role, preferably in the financial services industry.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English)
- High energy, positive attitude, professional and mature
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and must possess a meticulous eye for detail
- Must have worked on testing and defect tracking tools like Microsoft Team Foundation Server (MS TFS), HP Quality Center, QTP, Automated Test Tools, JIRA, etc.
- Industry-recognized certification in the areas of QA and Testing (e.g. CSTE, CSQA, CQE), or equivalent knowledge.
- Ability to ensure timely communication of any project-sensitive information to project leadership
- Ability to complete and provide team leadership for test case analysis, design, and the development and review of test plans and structured testing procedures for moderate to high risk & complex systems
- Should have 3 to 5 years of experience in both the creation and execution of both positive and negative functional and regression test scripts across multiple platforms and systems that include web based enterprise applications, custom developed in-house applications, and third-party integrated applications
- Experience in defining and driving successful system testing programs in an enterprise system environment
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), MS Project and Visio
- Ability to track testing resource burn rates (actual versus projected hours)
- Must have in-depth knowledge of various manual testing and design techniques, test case structure, and test case optimization
- Should be an inspirational leader, motivator & mentor, and help maximize overall team productivity
- Must be able to work individually as well as with teams
- Ensure a collaborative approach to defending a position with other team members
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and to prioritize tasks
- Experience working in a tightly version-controlled and process oriented financial corporate environment
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in a IS Testing environment in Quality/Test, Management/Execution and leading project initiatives. Experience in formal estimation techniques for project planning and resource utilization.
- Hands on test case creation, management and execution of quality assurance testing, provide oversight of business user acceptance testing, and the review of development testing efforts
- Lead small to medium distributed testing teams, typically employing Sr. QA Analysts to oversee sub-teams.
- Conduct cost estimates and reporting testing and overruns.
- Provide direction to teams on quality, quality measurement and process guidelines.
- Identify meaningful metrics for testing, establish metrics program and use collected metrics information for decision making.
- Manage client relations at the project level.
- Champion a ‘continuous improvement’ approach at project and organizational level.
- Mitigate risks and issues escalated by testing team, QA Analysts or other stakeholders.
- Assist mid-level test team members with the creation and execution of test scripts while maintaining overall quality assurance goals
- Work with developers to ensure that functional test cases will sufficiently test the technical details and complex business rules to successfully execute a comprehensive test plan.
- Work with the business to review developed test plans and scripts to ensure that there are no testing gaps
- Write Test plans, high level test cases and low level test cases, with the ability to ensure proper coverage, and perform risk based regression testing. Ensure all test cases map to business requirements and report on results and progress
- Perform defect management, defect aging & defect resolution activities to ensure adherence to quality assurance goals and guidelines
- Prepare and validate testing status reports and provide status updates to all levels of management
- Participate in the business requirements life cycle as it relates to testing activities to assist with the development of test scripts and date preparation requirements
- Participate in the software development life cycle as it relates to testing activities. This includes the requirements review, and the development of unit, system and integration testing
- As a part of the team at DecisivEdge, actively participate in the creation of an innovative and rewarding work environment. Participate in other company initiatives as required.