DecisivEdge is looking for an experienced Lead Developer with specific experience in the Microsoft technology stack (.Net, C#, SQL) and release management experience. This is a full-time not C2C opportunity.
In this role, you will have multiple responsibilities including solution and software design, leading software development, hands-on coding, n-tier solutions, and complex system integrations, peer code reviews, and release management. You will be responsible for the technical aspects and design of the software being developed (frameworks used, approach, tools, methodology), responsible for code quality and standards. You will have accountability for the quality of the solution and ensure seamless integration and implementations. As needed, you will work closely with client and 3rd party architects and technical leads. You will report to the VP of Software Development and Delivery.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Participate in business requirements gathering activities and documenting the requirements, business and system process flows, data flows, system integration definitions, application requirements, interactions and dependencies with components, and conceptual designs
- Hands on coding and software development
- Work with the team to design all aspects of the system, producing a technical design document and present/communicate the architecture and software solutions to key team members, and developers. This not only includes the software to be built, but the development tools, core frameworks, off-the-shelf components and services, security mechanisms, user interaction models, workflows, user interfaces, and desired patterns and methodologies to be implemented on the project.
- Responsible for management of source control (Subversion & Liquibase) and build processes (MSBuild & TeamCity)
- Provide input into the hardware environment, services platform, application platform, and database.
- Influence technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Choose, define, create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible.
- Provide guidance to the development staff by participating in code reviews, presenting the design and approach, work with the application development manager and developers to ensure proper adherence to the design specification and ensuring the best possible end product
- Maintain industry knowledge by research, exploring new frameworks and tools, prototyping, attending appropriate events, and bringing that knowledge to bear within our company by presenting technology roadmaps and providing and implementing new technology and tools as appropriate
- Work with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation
- Conduct and/or support off-hours releases to production including preparing code for release, validating database scripts and creating and executing an implementation plan.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field strongly preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of technology experience
- A minimum of 7 years of hands on software development experience
- Strong English written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Deep experience with Microsoft technology stack, as well as an understanding of competitive technologies
- .Net 3.5+, VS 20012+
- C#, ASP.net, strong object oriented experience
- Web services; WCF, SOA, RESTful services
- SQL 2008+, Oracle 10+
- Liquibase, SVN, Tortoise, SCM
- MSBuild and TeamCity
- Strong experience with source control management
- Experience setting up, configuring and managing software build processes
- Experience personally preforming production code releases
- Strong database design experience and PL-SQL / T-SQL programming
- Experience with UI Design and light image work
- Experience developing and designing the properly sized solutions for small, medium and large complex software and database systems within large enterprise environments that include complex system integrations and processes; successfully communicating conceptual ideas
- Abstract thinking skills and employing experience and knowledge to create innovative solutions
- Strong business acumen and the ability to combine that with technology experience to benefit a business processes
- Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies, e.g., Rational (RUP), Extreme Programming, Agile, Test Driven Development, Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Waterfall
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, managing multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment
- Strong MS Office, Project and Visio skills
Additional Desired Experience
- Experience leading the decisions for the use of various software frameworks, methodologies, libraries, and tools for teams of developers and technical personnel; Provide examples and prototypes as needed when encouraging and proposing the adoption of new frameworks and tools; understand and plan for evolutionary paths
- An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers and our development teams.
- Resolve technical problems, disputes, and make tradeoffs as appropriate
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Experience with standardized model and symbol sets/tools such as UML and OOP
- Experience with accurate project estimating and planning
- Occasional travel may be required
Please reach out to Gaurav Naik in our Talent Acquisition Department by completing our web form or emailing us at email@example.com.
DecisivEdge is a dynamic young company located in Newark, Delaware that delivers specialized consulting services and solutions to the financial services industry. Our team brings deep expertise to help businesses increase sales, provide a superior customer experience, ensure the return on their technology investment, and develop and flawlessly execute strategies that provide significant market advantage.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Our preference at DecisivEdge is to recruit candidates directly. While we do occasionally partner with a limited number of preferred agencies when we identify a need for third party staffing support, we do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. A fee will only be paid if the candidate is presented after there is a signed recruiting agreement in place between DecisivEdge and the agency and only if we have explicitly engaged the agency to submit resumes for a specific current opening.
In the case of candidates submitted to DecisivEdge, whether by email, fax, phone, mail, verbal referral or any other means, without a signed agreement in place or without being solicited to work on a specific open requisition, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those unsolicited candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.