Job Location: Newark, DE
DecisivEdge is looking for a mid-level Business Analyst with strong business and technology experience a consultant and/or a business analyst within the financial services, retail e-commerce, or supply chain industries to join our team. This 6 month Contract to Hire position will be based in our Newark, Delaware office and will require frequent overnight travel to client locations.
In this role you will be primarily responsible for performing in-depth system and process analysis, documenting existing systems and the processes that utilize them, diagramming high level functionality and integration points, data flows, and providing options for system consolidation and process re-engineering.
Required Skills and Competencies
- At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Sciences or related field
- 3 to 5+ years of experience as a business systems analyst with background/experience in and understanding of financial services, retail e-commerce, or supply chain operations, customer service, sales or business support.
- Strong MS Office, Project and Visio skills
- Strong technical understanding of multiple types of enterprise systems on various platforms with the ability to understand and create network and system diagrams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem solving abilities required
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a collaborative team
- Frequent travel to client locations will be required.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Gather information from the client through existing documentation, interviews, meetings, system demonstrations, and side by side shadowing of personnel.
- Organize the information and document the overall systems and their high level functionality
- Discover and document business process flows, high level system integrations, and data flows
- Document technical details of the systems – application and platform details, enterprise server and network diagrams, system architecture overview
- Identify and document key integration points with other systems internal and external
- Communicate directly with a stakeholder team to clearly define and analyze the user business requirements to ensure that the user expectations and business requirements clearly meet the project objectives
- Complete a RTM (requirements traceability matrix) and a gap analysis to ensure that the business, technical and testing requirements meet the project objectives
- Meet with the development team and analyze project technical documentation to ensure that the business requirements and business logic is captured and coded accurately
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to analyze test cases and ensure that all test cases for new functionality (functional test cases) and test cases for existing functionality (regression test cases) are comprehensive and complete to ensure a flawless implementation
- Coordinate the setup of system integration, staging, and pre-production technical environments to ensure that configurations mirror production and identify risks if they do not.
- Travel to client locations (overnight) on a regular basis
DecisivEdge is a dynamic young company that delivers specialized consulting services and solutions to the financial services industry. Our team brings deep expertise to help businesses increase sales, provide a superior customer experience, ensure the return on their technology investment, and develop and flawlessly execute strategies that provide significant market advantage.