DecisivEdge has an immediate opportunity for a full-time Automation Engineer to work as part of our Tosca Testsuite implementation team. In this role you will work with new clients to migrate their existing automated test frameworks to Tosca Testsuite and identify manual test cases for automation. This is a role for a technically skilled individual with a software development background who can create custom modules to be integrated and extend the automation capabilities of the Tosca Testsuite.
- Extend Tosca Testsuite suite navigation and steering capabilities
- Build custom controls to be recognizable to the Tosca Testsuite
- Identify appropriate test access
- Provide business abstraction of UI and API interfaces to enable non-programmers to do test automation
- Build/refine modules for UI testing
- Provide predefined message-templates for API and OSV
- Travel to client locations (overnight) on a regular basis.
- Participate in the business requirements and software development life cycles as they relate to testing activities. This includes the requirements review, and the design, development, and execution of smoke tests, integration, functional, and regression tests.
- Hands on test case creation, management and execution of quality assurance testing, provide oversight of business user acceptance testing, and the review of development testing efforts.
- Prepare and validate testing status reports and provide status updates to all levels of management.
- Participate in other company initiatives as required.
Technical Skills and Competencies
- At least a BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or related field; 5+ years of automation experience
- Previous experience with Tosca Test Suite a major plus
- Proficiency in VB, Java, or C# programming
- Experience developing and/or working with Test Automation Frameworks (i.e. Model Based, Data Driven, Keyword Frameworks)
- Proficiency in Oracle and/or SQL-Server and SQL programming a plus
- Knowledge of automated and manual testing design techniques, test case structure, and test case optimization required
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), MS Project and Visio, etc.
- Experience in the creation and execution of both positive and negative functional and regression test scripts across multiple platforms and systems that include web based enterprise applications, custom developed in-house applications, and third-party integrated applications
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
DecisivEdge is a dynamic young company that delivers specialized consulting services and solutions to the financial services industry. Our team brings deep expertise to help businesses increase sales, provide a superior customer experience, ensure the return on their technology investment, and develop and flawlessly execute strategies that provide significant market advantage.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Our preference at DecisivEdge is to recruit candidates directly. While we do occasionally partner with a limited number of preferred agencies when we identify a need for third party staffing support, we do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. A fee will only be paid if the candidate is presented after there is a signed recruiting agreement in place between DecisivEdge and the agency and only if we have explicitly engaged the agency to submit resumes for a specific current opening.
In the case of candidates submitted to DecisivEdge, whether by email, fax, phone, mail, verbal referral or any other means, without a signed agreement in place or without being solicited to work on a specific open requisition, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those unsolicited candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.